[CYAC] Last 5 reveals of 2022!
Cards from the Visas and Albaz lore and the White Tiger boss of Virtual World!
CYAC-JP074 識無辺世壊 Shikimuhensekai (World of Boundless Consciousness)
Normal Trap Card
(1) If “Vicious Astroud” is on the field: Target 1 card on the field; destroy it, then if the original name of the destroyed card was “Vicious Astroud”, you can Special Summon 1 of your banished “Visas Starfrost”, otherwise you can increase the ATK of 1 “Vicious Astroud” you control by 1500 ATK.
Note: This card references Vinnanancayatana, the concept of Boundless Consciousness as one of the states of meditation in Buddhism.
CYAC-JP041 深淵の神獣ディス・パテル Byssted Dis Pater (Bystial Dis Pater) [Kanji: Divine Beast of the Abyss Dis Pater]
Level 10 DARK Dragon Synchro Effect Monster
Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Dragon monsters
You can only use the (1) and (2) effects of this card’s name once per turn each.
(1) You can target 1 banished LIGHT or DARK monster; Special Summon it to your field.
(2) When your opponent activates a monster effect (Quick Effect): You can target 1 banished card; shuffle it to the Deck, then, if you were that card’s owner, destroy that monster. If your opponent was, negate that effect.
Note: Dis Pater is another name for Pluto, the Roman god of the Underworld, with Dis associated with the aspects of fertile land and mineral wealth, which ultimately got him associated with Pluto and Orcus.
These are all of course, ultimately the Roman equivalent of the Greek God, Hades, lord of the Underworld, the Dead and all precious jewels and metals.
His name means “Wealthy Father” or “Divine Father”.
CYAC_JP035 Shin’enryuu Albion (Albion the True Flame Dragon / Albion the Incandescent Dragon)
Level 8 LIGHT Dragon Fusion Effect Monster
Materials: “Fallen of Albaz” + 1 LIGHT Spellcaster monster
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. You can only use the 2nd and 3rd effect of this card’s name each once per turn.
(1) Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects.
(2) During your opponent’s turn: You can target 2 monsters in the GY(s); Special Summon both monsters, 1 on each field.
(3) If this card is in the GY: You can Tribute 4 monsters in the Extra Monster Zones and each player’s center Main Monster Zone, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
Note: Its name’s Kanji sounds like Abyssal Dragon
Note 2: Its name comes from Albion, the fallen first man of William Blake’s personal mythology, which a number of names of the Abyss Lore draw from.
CYAC-JP042 赫聖の妖騎士[デスピアン・ルルワリリス] Despian Luluwalilith (Kanji: Bewitching Knight of the Sudden Saint/Eldritch Knight of the Crimson Holy)
Level 12 2500/2500
1 Level 4 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Once per turn, if a card(s) leaves either Extra Deck: You can make all face-up monsters you currently control gain 500 ATK, then you can negate the effects of 1 face-up card on the field until the end of this turn.
(2) During the End Phase, if this card is in your GY because it was sent there this turn: You can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Spellcaster monster from your hand or Deck whose ATK equals its own DEF.
Luluwa is the first daughter of Adam and Eve, also known by the names Aclima, Kalmana, Lusia, Cainan, or Awan. She is believed to be by some traditional Jewish sources to be the wife of Cain.
Lilith is the first wife of Adam, created by God from the clay like him, but was banished from Eden for refusing to submit to Adam and wanted to the dominant one. Jewish folklore has her become a mother of nightmares and demons or something.
妖 can mean Bewitching, but it generally is used in a format similar to the word “Eldritch” in English, both used to speak of something unearthly, supernatural, strange, or mysterious.
赫 is meant to mean something suddenly happening or appearing, but Konami’s been using it in contexts with the Abyss lore cards that trend an awful lot towards Red or Crimson.
CYAC-JP046 電脳堺虎－虎 Dennoukai Ko – Huhu (Virtual World Tiger – Huhu)
Rank 9 EARTH Wyrm Xyz Effect Monster
Materials: 2+ Level 9 monsters
(1) This card gains the following effects depending on the number of “Virtual World Gate” cards you control.
• 2+: This card can attack directly.
• 4: This card is unaffected by the activated effects of cards, except “Virtual World” cards.
(2) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card, then target 1 monster you control and 1 monster on the field with a different Attribute and Type; negate their effects until the end of the turn.
Source from OCG Twitter
Translated by The Organization