Summer National General OCG Test
This is what everyone is looking forward to in Summer. Tests!
A “Summer National General OCG Test” has just started in Japan where 1000 people taking (and passing the test) will receive a Secret Rate Special Blue Version of “Palladium Oracle Mahad”. You can take the test here if you should be interested to try it out, though do note that you will be logged in and on the Japanese version of the card database to access it and it will be in Japanese. Here are the translated questions should you wish to try it out. Participants are required to answer 22 out of 25 questions correctly to get a passing score.
Note: Due to the nature of this being an official test, answers will not be provided.
Disclaimer: Do note that if you should try to take the test, the numbers will get scrambled so the questions may not appear in the same order.
- While your Attack Position Blue-Eyes White Dragon and the opponent’s Attack Position Dark Magician are battling, how much battle damage is taken?
A) You take 2500 damage, the opponent takes 3000 damage.
B) The opponent takes 3000 damage.
C) You gain 500 life points, the opponent takes 500 damage.
D) The opponent takes 500 damage.
E) Both players take no damage.
- What is the maximum amount of cards you can have in your Extra Deck?
A) 0 unless stated in the tournament.
B) 10 cards.
C) 15 cards.
D) 5 cards.
E) Any amount is fine (Even 100 cards is fine).
- What is the maximum amount of monsters you can have on your field?
A) 4 monsters.
B) 5 monsters.
C) 6 monsters.
D) 3 monsters.
E) 7 monsters.
- Regarding rules for cards in the Graveyard, which is accurate?
A) Cards in the Graveyard should be placed face-down so that they cannot be seen.
B) The maximum amount of cards that can be placed in the Graveyard is 20.
C) During the duel, contents of cards in the Graveyard can be confirmed.
D) During a match, cards that were sent to the Graveyard during the 1st duel will stay in the Graveyard when starting the 2nd duel.
E) When placing a new card into the Graveyard, shuffle the cards in the Graveyard.
- Stargazer Magician and Timegazer Magician are on your Pendulum Zones. What levels of monsters can you Pendulum Summon?
A) Only Level 4.
B) You are unable to Pendulum Summon.
C) Levels 3 ~ 6.
D) Levels 2 ~ 7.
E) Levels 1 ~ 8.
- How should you correctly handle cards which have been banished by effects?
A) Place them in your deck case which has your side deck.
B) Under your Graveyard horizontally.
C) In your shirt pocket.
D) Shuffle it into your Deck.
E) Away from your duel field
- The Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game first started in 4 February 1999. Which of the following cards was not included in “Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG Duel Monsters Vol. 1” that went on sale that day?
A) Blue-Eyes White Dragon
B) Dark Hole
C) Dark Magician
D) Gaia The Fierce Knight
E) Trap Hole
- Which of the following items do you not use when resolving card effects?
- Which of the following Special Summons are from resolving card effects?
A) Synchro Summon
B) Fusion Summon
C) Pendulum Summon
D) Link Summon
E) Xyz Summon
- Which cards count as “Cards on the field”?
A) Banished cards
B) Cards in the Graveyard
C) Cards in the Extra Monster Zone
D) Cards in your hand
E) Cards in the Deck
- Currently in August 2020, which of these classifications of monster effects do not exist?
A) Ignition Effect
B) Flip Effect
C) Continuous Effect
D) Quick Effect
E) Trigger Effect
- Which of these descriptions of the card “Monster Reborn” is accurate?
A) A card that you cannot use in official tournaments.
B) A Spell Card.
C) A card that you can activate during the opponent’s turn.
D) A card that you cannot activate if your opponent’s Graveyard has no monsters.
E) A card that destroys monsters.
- Which of the following explains Link Monsters?
A) Instead of Levels, it has Ranks.
B) The “Polymerization” Spell Card is required to Special Summon it.
C) You can place it from your hand as a Spell Card.
D) Special Summon it from your hand by tributing monsters.
E) It does not have Defense Position and does not have any Defense.
- Which of the following plays are legal in the official rule?
A) Flip Summoning a face-down Defense Position monster you just set from your hand that turn.
B) Cancelling the attack declaration when the opponent activates “Mirror Force” after you make an attack declaration.
C) After Normal Summoning a monster from hand, Special Summoning a monster from the Graveyard using “Call of the Haunted”
D) After attack with a face-up Attack Position monster, change it to Defense Position in Main Phase 2.
E) At the start of the duel if you do not have even 1 monster card in your hand, shuffle your deck and draw.
- Which icon does not exist on Spell Cards?
- What can the turn player not do during their Main Phase 1?
A) Link Summon a monster.
B) Declare the end of the turn.
C) Normal Summon a monster.
D) Set a Spell or Trap card.
E) Declare to enter the Battle Phase.
- Which of these monsters has the highest Defense?
A) Dark Magician
B) Stardust Dragon
C) Number 39: Utopia
D) Elemental HERO Neos
E) Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
- When preparing for a duel, when do you draw the 5 cards at the start of the duel?
A) After shuffling the deck and deciding which player goes first.
B) After shuffling the deck.
C) During the Draw Phase of the turn player going first.
D) When it is the turn player’s own turn.
E) After shuffling the deck, before deciding which player goes first.
- In the official rule terms, which of these sets of terms have different meanings?
A) Attacking Monster and Attack Position Monster.
B) Removed from the Game and Banished.
C) Tribute and Released.
D) Tribute Summon and Advance Summon.
E) A monster that was set and a face-down Defense Position monster.
- What is the correct explanation for “Tribute”?
A) Send the monster to the Graveyard.
B) Change the monster to face-down Defense Position.
C) Banish the monster.
D) Return the monster to hand.
E) Shuffle the monster into the deck.
- For the player going first, what is the very first Phase during their first turn?
A) Battle Phase
B) End Phase
C) Draw Phase
D) Main Phase 1
E) Standby Phase
- Which of these monsters do not activate their effects in the hand?
A) Winged Kuriboh
B) Clear Kuriboh
C) Sphere Kuriboh
E) Rainbow Kuriboh
- After you Summoned your “Exiled Force” which you wish to activate it’s effect, the opponent wishes to activates their set “Trap Hole”. Which of the following activations are accurate?
A) When you have Summoned, the opponent is able to activate the next effect, allowing your opponent to first activate “Trap Hole”. The Spell Speed one “Exiled Force” effect cannot be activated.
B) The opponent’s “Trap Hole” is activated first and gets resolved, making you unable to activate your “Exiled Force”.
C) Decide using Rock Paper Scissors, the player that wins gets to activate their effect first.
D) You get to activate “Exiled Force” effect and tribute it first, which does not allow your opponent to activate “Trap Hole”.
E) The opponent chains “Trap Hole” to the effect of your “Exiled Force”. As “Exiled Force” is destroyed, it’s effect is negated.
- When your “Number 39: Utopia” declares an attack, the opponent activates “Dimensional Prison”. Which of the following activations are accurate?
A) When “Number 39: Utopia” declares an attack, as the opponent is not able to activate card effects, “Dimensional Prison” cannot be activated.
B) In this situation, “Number 39: Utopia” effect is unable to activate and is banished by the effect of “Dimensional Prison”.
C) As “Number 39: Utopia” is a monster with “Number” in it’s name, it is not affected by effects and will not be banished by “Dimensional Prison”.
D) “Number 39: Utopia” chain’s it’s effect to negate the attack to the effect of “Dimensional Prison”, “Number 39: Utopia” does not get banished.
E) As “Number 39: Utopia” is an Xyz Monster, it does not get banished and is sent to the Graveyard.
- “Sangan” is tributed for an Advance Summon of “Mobius the Frost Monarch”. Which of the following activations are accurate?
A) “Sangan” effect and “Mobius the Frost Monarch” effect can be placed on the chain in any order you like.
B) You can choose if you wish to activate “Mobius the Frost Monarch” effect, after which you can chain and activate “Sangan” effect.
C) As “Sangan” effect must be activated, “Mobius the Frost Monarch” effect cannot be activated.
D) “Sangan” effect must be activated, then you can choose if you wish to activate “Mobius the Frost Monarch” effect on chain.
E) Only either “Sangan” or “Mobius the Frost Monarch” effect can be activated.
Source: OCG Database