Yu-Gi-Oh! has been participating in Anime Festival Asia Singapore (AFASG) for the past 3 years and will be back again this year! To bring back the team spirit in Yu-Gi-Oh!, the tournament format for this year’s AFASG 2017 will be of a team battle format.
Anime Festival Asia 2017
Venue: Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre
Booth Number: A96
Tutorial and Tournament Room: Room 333 (Level 3) (Only on 25 and 26 November 2017)
Duelists are invited to bring their friends who are interested in Yu-Gi-Oh! to our booth at A96, where they can get a free game play demo! They can also try out the game in Room 333 (Level 3) from 1pm to 7pm only on 25 and 26 November, Saturday and Sunday.
Team 3v3 Tournament
There’s something exciting at the event for our current players too! This year’s side event will be a 3v3 team tournament! It’s time to prove who is the strongest Yu-Gi-Oh! 3v3 team in this year AFA!
Venue: Suntec City, Room 333 (Level 3)
Date: 25 and 26 November 2017 only
Time: 1:30pm onwards, till 7:00pm
Format: Swiss Format
Entry Fee: $90 per team of 3 duelists
Champion Prize: 1 box of Extreme Force and 1 box Duelist Pack – Legend Duelist 2
Number of participants: 2 Pods of 12 Teams will be held daily (36 players per pod)
Door prize: 3 Convention Exclusive Duel Field and 9 Booster Packs per team
- Each team member will play against an opponent team member individually in a best-of-3 match for each round.
- The team will be victorious for that round if at least 2 out of 3 members win their matches.
- The tournament will follow the October 2017 OCG Limit Regulation, but with 2 additional Forbidden cards for this event:
- “SPYRAL Double Helix”
- “Grinder Golem”
- The Limit Regulation applies to each member individually.
For example, “Monster Reborn” is currently limited to 1. Every member of the team is able to play 1 “Monster Reborn” in their decks.
Asia Team Series: (To-Be-Announced closer to date)
|Event||Participation Level||Points Awarded|
|Anime Festival Asia 2017
|Full Team Participate
(Does not have to be in the same team)
- Your registered team members for Asia Team Series may join other teams for this event.
- As long all 3 members participated in the event, it will be counted as full team participation, even if the members are all in different teams.
To ensure a happy experience for everyone, please note the registration procedure for the tournament listed below.
- Registration will commence from 10.30am onwards at the Yu-Gi-Oh! AFA booth (A96) inside the event hall.
- Registration for both pods of the day will be held at 10.30am on the same day. Once slots are full for the first pod, registration for the second pod will commence immediately.
- Team leader of the team can register for the whole team by showing all 3 team members’ Identification Card, Driving license etc.
- Team leader will decide the position of the team members in A, B or C. After deciding, the position cannot be changed.
- Priority for registration will be given to players that have not registered before. If you have already registered for the 1st pod, then you will not be able to register for the 2nd pod immediately.
- Attempts to manipulate registration in any way will result in disqualification, and inability to participate in the events for both days.
- Cards of all languages can be used. But TCG Exclusives or Koreans Exclusives are not allowed for the tournament.
- SG CardMart reserves all rights to make changes to the tournament regulations and reject anybody from participating if they should be non-compliant to the regulations or are unruly at the event venue.
Source: SG Cardmart